From the TSLAC website:
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) is offering a time-sensitive scholarship for two public librarians interested in attending the nationally-recognized Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL). The Institute will be held September 30-October 3, 2016 in Inverness, Colorado.
RIPL will provide participating librarians training on the following:
- Designing outcome-based evaluation of programs and services
- Assessing the needs of the local community
- Developing techniques for tracking public library data and using the data for planning, management, and demonstrating the library’s worth
- Using data and stories to document the impact of the local library
- Aligning evaluation efforts with existing initiatives, such as Edge Benchmarks, Impact Survey, and Project Outcome
RIPL’s target audience is public librarians, administrators, and any other Library staff seeking to develop their skills in evaluation and data use for planning, management, and demonstrating their library’s impact. TSLAC staff will also attend the Institute, along with approximately 100 public library leaders. This national Institute is offered by the Colorado State Library and the Colorado Library Consortium. Launched in 2015, RIPL meets a distinct need of public libraries in rural, suburban, and urban areas for practical skills in assessment, evaluation, and benchmarking.
- September 30: travel to venue, evening event
- October 1: full day of workshops
- October 2: full day of workshops
- October 3: morning and afternoon workshops, end by late afternoon
Each TSLAC scholarship will pay the full registration fee of $1,465, and reimburse up to $500 in associated travel costs. Only librarians available for the entire time of the Institute will be considered for a scholarship. The Scholarship Application form is due to TSLAC by Friday, January 8, 2016.
This program is funded (in part) by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. The travel reimbursement is considered a subaward to the sponsoring library. CFDA 45.31/FAIN LS-00-15-0044-15.