We have had some talk recently about reservation systems. Have you heard about Plymouth Rocket’s affordable TixKeeper application? Jim Stewart, with Plymouth Rocket, stopped by Shopper’s Corner to share with us how libraries are taking advantage and talk about features for patrons and staff.
“TixKeeper is perhaps our most popular application, and is being used to help patrons discover and share not just event passes but also resources such as stem kits, digital fabrication devices, augmented reality terminals, and lots more. Patrons can print on demand their passes from home, and receive text message pass reminders.
Here are some current subscribers:
- Alamance County Library System, http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/tkflex.cfm?curOrg=alamance
- Northborough Free Library, http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/tkflex.cfm?curorg=NFL
- Glen Ridge Public library. http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/tkflex.cfm?curOrg=GLENRIDGE
- Kingston Public Library, http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/tkflex.cfm?curOrg=KPL
- Calvert Public Library, http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/tkflex.cfm?curOrg=calvert
Libraries have access to all reservation activity as it happens, in real time. TixKeeper is responsive and works great on mobile devices.
Patron Features & Benefits
- A simple click from your library’s home page
- Mobile friendly design
- Patrons can select a destination and discover when passes are available
- Pick a day (or week or month) and find out exactly what’s available
- Link directly to museum or other destination web sites
- Find directions, hours of operation, or link to a map with directions
- Patrons can choose to have confirmation and reminder emails sent
- Text message pass reminders available
- Pass print on demand available, with cooperation of museums
Staff Features & Benefits
- Establish the maximum number of reservations per patron, total and per day
- Get up to the minute reports that tell you which passes are used most frequently
- Designate staff to receive email notification when pass reservations are made
- Enable email reminders for your patrons, so your passes are used efficiently and fairly
- Configure TixKeeper as you see fit, adding icons, using library color scheme, popup notes, and internal
and external links
- Patron authentication available using your library’s automation system
- Require entry of library card with or without a PIN
- Intuitive, powerful admin/org page
- Easily track the number of returned passes and designate the maximum number of passes per request
- No set up fees, no hidden costs
- Free technical support via email for as long as you use TixKeeper
- Personal tech support and free set up assistance from our Product Support Specialist
- No software to download, install, or update. Free enhancements to the core application as released
TixKeeper is available as an annual subscription. Patron authentication, (which gives you the ability to create a configurable list of rules and exceptions tied to reservations) is an available option. Smaller libraries can band together to share a single TixKeeper subscription.
When a library subscribes to TixKeeper, we send out a TixKeeper Configuration Guide, along with the invoice. When the guide comes back to our TixKeeper Product Specialist, we begin working immediately on your custom TixKeeper page.
Sammie Simpson, Vendor Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org